1. —It’s said that you have moved into a new house.
—Yeah， and we need to buy some in the mall nearby.
A. food B.furniture C. hamburger
2.—Well,you look so happy!
--Because I got a good ________.
A.work B.news C.job
3.Sandy didn’t tell her parents that she was going home because she wanted to give them a _______.
A. gift B. call C. surprise D. note
4.You can get much_____about the World Expo on the Internet.
A.map B.picture C.ticket D.information
5.The customers are pleased with the________of the restaurant.
A.balance B.experience C.surface D.service
6.–Lily has a silk __________.Listen,she is singing in the next room!
-- How nice!.
A. look B. noise C. voice
7. _____ useful information on the internet!
A. What a B. What an C. What D. How
8. – Do you know if he ______ to play basketball with us?
-- I think he will come if he _______ free tomorrow.
A. will come, is B. comes, will be C. comes, is D. will come, will be
9.Could you tell me how much it _______ to fly to
A. takes B. spends C. costs D. pays
10. You can tell whether a foreigner is American or English _______ the way he uses his knife and fork when eaing.
A. on B. in C. with D. by
11. Would you please tell me what time _____ the plane to japan _______?
A./, leave B. /, leaves C. does, leave D. will, leave
12. – We never know ______ he is. – They say he’s a doctor.
A. whom B. what C. which D. where
13. “How soon will Henry be back?” “He said he would come back ______ four o’clock.”
A. after B. in C. about D.for
14. Do you mind if I smoke here? ___________
A. Pardon, I do. B. Yes, not at all.
C. No, I do mind. D. I’m sorry, but I do.
15. Cars, planes and factories all pollute our air _________.
A. one day B. every day C. everyday D. someday
16.Can you ______ when the train arrives?
A. look out B. look for C. found D. find out
17. Not only he but also she _________ the film.
A. have seen B. have saw C. has seen D. has saw
18. Lily ______ to
A. has been, hadn’t come B. has been, hasn’t gone
C. has gone, hasn’t been D. has been, hasn’t come
19. ______children there are in a family, _______ their life will be.
A. The less, the better B. The fewer, the better
C. Fewer, richer D. More, poorer
20. It’s very nice ______ him ______ me.
A. of, to help B. for, to help c. of, help D. for, helping
II. 完形填空 在A、B、C、D四个选项中选出正确答案，并将答案写相应的题号旁。（10*2=20分）
In most countries wastes are 1_____ put into rivers or into the sea, and there are 2_____ laws to stop this. We know, too, that if the 3_____ of the world continues to rise at the present rate, in a few years there will not be enough 4_____. What can we do to solve these problems? If we eat more vegetables and less 5_____, there will be more food available for everyone. Land that is used to grow crops 6_____ five times more people than land where animals are kept. Our natural resources will 7_____ longer if we learn to recycle them. The world population will not rise so 8_____ if people use modern methods of birth 9_____.Finally, if we educate people to think about the problems, we shall have a better and clearer 10_____ in the future.
1. A. still B. even C. also D. certainly
2. A. too many B. a few C. some D. few
3. A. production B. pollution C. population D. revolution
4. A. houses B. vegetables C. food D. lives
5. A. fruit B. meat C. fish D. grain
6. A. feeds B. increases C. supplies D. helps
7. A. use B. stay C. keep D. last
8. A. slowly B. quickly C. fluently D. evenly
9. A. control B. born C. plan D. reward
10. A. nature B. sea C. planet D. forest
Are you interested in country music?I like it very much !It will take me away for a while after I am tired .The guitars and songs will take me to mountains and fields.
Country music usually talks of everyday life and feelings.It’s the spirit of
Country music developed in the Southern United States.It was the folk music of American countryside.Many of songs tell about the lives of famers .They talk about love,crops or death.
The life of the countryside can be hard,so the words in country music are often sad.At first,people played the music only at family parties.But it became more popular later.In the 1920s,people played country songs on the radio,and they made them into records.
When people in the countryside moved to towns and cities to look for work,they took their music with them.Country music continued to change and became popular across
John Denver was one of
1.Country music is usually about _______.
A.everyday life and feelings B.farmers’s feelings C.the lives of workers
2. Country music developed ________.
C.in the Northem
3.People bagan to make country song records _______.
A.in the 1920s B.in 1920 C.in the 1970s
4.Why did Country music become popular in
A.Because city people liked the music.
B.Because farmers moved to cities with their music and it continued to change.
C.Because country music talked about city people’s lives.
5.Who is famous for the song “Take Me Home,Country Roads”?
A.A farmer in the countryside.
B.A person who moved to towns
More and more people like bicycling and it is no surprise. It is fun, healthy and good for the environment. Maybe that’s why there are 1.4 billion bicycles and only 400 million cars on roads worldwide today. Bikes can take you almost anywhere, and there is no oil cost!
Get on a bicycle and ride around your neighbourhood. You may discover something new all around you. Stopping and getting off a bike is easier than stopping and getting out of your car. You can bike to work and benefit (受益) from the enjoyable exercise without polluting the environment. You don’t even have to ride all the way.
Folding (折叠) bikes work well for people who ride the train. Just fold the bike and take it with you. You can do the same on an airplane. A folding bike can be packed in a
suitcase. You can also take a common bike with you when you fly. But be sure to look for information by getting on airline websites. Not all airlines are bicycle-friendly to travellers.
Health Benefits of Bicycling:
It helps to prevent heart diseases.
Bicycling helps to control your weight.
A 15-minute bike ride to and from work three times a week burns off five kilos of fat in a year.
Bicycling can improve your mood (心情).
Exercise like bicycling has been shown to make people feel better, more relaxed and self-confident.
Bicycling is healthier than driving.
6. From the passage, we know that bicycling is becoming very .
A. surprising B. exciting C. expensive D. popular
7. When you are riding your bicycle around your neighbourhood, you may .
A. pollute the environment around
B. find something you didn’t notice
C. go everywhere and use a little oil
D. get off your bike and begin to work
8. If you travel with a folding bike, you can fold it and _ .
A. get out of the car B. take it onto a train
C. put it in your purse D. go on airline websites
9. One of the benefits from bicycling is that .
A. you can fold the bicycle B. you will be friendly to others
C. you will be more relaxed D. you may get fatter and fatter
10. Which is TRUE according to the passage?
A. Bicycling is enjoyable exercise for people.
B. Driving cars is healthier than riding bikes.
C. Riding a bike pollutes your neighbourhood.
D. Common bikes are welcomed by all airlines.
IV．英译汉 （5* 4分，共20分）
1. It took him an hour to finish that work yesterday.
2. He is not late for school, is he?
3. My grandpa is too old to do hard work.
4. You won’t pass the exam if you don’t work hard.
5. It’s important for him to study well at school.
写一篇短文 Writing an essay：
先容石家庄 Introduction of Shijiazhuang
beautiful, modern, city, there be, tall building, clean street, everywhere, Shijiazhuang, environment （环境），plant, as many, flower and tree, as possible, protect(保护)，throw waste, here and there, because, hope, a wonderful environment